We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We are continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
- Minimise the use of paper in the office and re-use and recycle all paper where possible.
- Switch off all lights and electrical equipment when not in use and adjust heating with energy consumption in mind.
- Seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products, and re-use and recycle everything we are able to.
- Source locally produced food from local suppliers to help reduce the carbon footprint, and use local trades people wherever possible.
- Cleaning materials will be as environmentally friendly as possible and we will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues within the hotels that may affect their work and involve them in the implantation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- Commit to comply with relevant legislation and regulations relating to our industry.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance to help improve and reduce environmental impact and review this statement annually to improve our environmental performance.
At the Ambleside Fell Rooms we are committed to working in a sustainable way.
We invite you to be a responsible visitor – seven things you can do to help save the planet!
- Conserve energy – reduce energy by limiting the use of the lights and heating in your bedroom.
- Give the car a rest! Why not leave your car behind during your stay. If you are planning to go exploring the surrounding areas, we can supply walking routes and public transport information.
- Shop local – use local products, they will give you a flavour of Ambleside, The Lake District and surrounding areas and please help support local communities.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – try to avoid overly packaged goods and say no to that extra carrier bag.
- Be Water Wise – please use water wisely. Example: Why not turn off the water when brushing your teeth. Also why not try to comply with our reuse towel policy!
- Respect nature – help us look after our beautiful landscape and natural wildlife that we enjoy in the Lake District. We have lots of wildlife that call this beautiful area home including hedgehogs, rabbits, numerous species of birds and insects etc… Please respect their privacy and keep your distance.
- Support Green Tourism Businesses – see www.green-business.co.uk
And most importantly have a great time when you are here!